Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nails: OPI Retro Fun in The Sun Collection

*Updates: (30/04) All swatches added. Ps paron me for the sloppy swatches ok? Had to do them in a hurry :X

OPI Calendar Girl

OPI Give Me A Coral Sometime

OPI Sit Under the Apple Tree

OPI Peach-A-Boo

OPI Lemonade Stand By Your Man

OPI Sea Ya Later, Sailor


There are a total of 6 colours in this collection and I badly wanted to swatch all of them but I was simply too busy to do so. *Sigh* So I shall just post the two which I have swatched first and I shall try to post the remaining 4 as soon as I can managed it.

Anyway, just some thoughts on this collection:


  1. They are amazingly interesting and fun! They all contain really fine shimmers in them. Sea Ya Later, Sailor is, in my opinion, the most interesting of the lot. *I admit I may be biased here because I am developing this really strong attachment to any polishes that are blue :X* SYL,S contains this bright blue shimmers that reflect pink or purple under different angle. Honestly, I don't know how to describe the colour and the picture I tried very hard to take did not do the polish justice so I can only conclude that you have to buy it to see what I mean. LOL.


  2. They have variety in colours. Some collections either contain too many reds or too many pinks in the same collection. However, you actually get 6 different colours out of the 6 polishes available in this collection. Isn't that great? There're a blue, a green, a yellow, a red, a peach, a coral and a red.


  3. The polishes are generally all pretty sheer on application. So to use it on its own, I would advise at least 3 coats if you want to cover up the white tips of your nails. I feel that these babies will be great as layering polishes.


  4. They are very easy to apply as the polishes are pretty thin. They're also very easy to remove.


I am really happy that I got these nail polishes because I LOVE bright colours! I can't stop staring at my nails whenever I painted on bright colours! What can I say? Bright nails just make my day! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment