Friday, May 15, 2009

Eyeliner: Revlon Colorstay Versus L'oreal Lineur Intense




Magical_Makeup's Verdict: Revlon Colorstay WINS

I absolutely love L'oreal Lineur Intense UNTIL I met the formidable Revlon Colorstay! I have been using the revlon liquid liner and nothing else ever since I found it. Why compare these two liners particularly? Well, that's because they are both FELT-TIP liners. Naturally, the quality of their respective felt tip is the deciding factor as to which one is better.

Here are reasons why I prefer Revlon to L'oreal:

  1. Revlon is cheaper. (Revlon costs $17.50 (U.P) while L'oreal costs $18.90 (U.P)) *Note: L'oreal Lineur Intense are available in our local drugstore but they are packaged differently from what I have as I got mine from ebay. Despite the difference in packaging, they are essentially the same thing.)
  2. Revlon contains more product. (Revlon: 2.5ml while L'oreal: 1.5ml)
  3. Revlon has a shorter and slimmer handle that I prefer as it gives me better grip and precision. The L'oreal's handle is a tad too long and too thick for my liking.
  4. Revlon has a STIFF felt tip while L'oreal has a FILMSY felt tip. Now it's pretty obvious why I like the Revlon liner so much right? The Revlon's tip is so stiff that it will not budge no matter how much pressure you apply on it! This is honestly a liquid liner that applies like a pencil liner. The L'oreal's tip is longer than that of Revlon and hence it will bend when you start to apply pressure.
  5. Revlon's tip picks up more products so I can line one eye with just one dip into the bottle. However, the same can't be said for the L'oreal one. I think the product dries a little too quickly on the felt tip and as such I have to dip 2-3 times into the bottle to line one eye. *I am not too sure if I got a defective l'oreal product but this is what I observed from my tube*
  6. Revlon has better staying power than L'oreal.
  7. Revlon is more waterproof than L'oreal. Well, I have tried crying with both liners. LOL. And personal experience tells me that Revlon is CRY-PROOF! LOL. The L'oreal liner didn't smudge after my bout of tears but rather it started dropping off flake by flake leaving behind white spots on my line. It's an awful sight. :X

Hmm, my conclusion is REVLON COLORSTAY ROCKS!! It's really my Holy Grail now. Do give it a try ladies and let me know your experience with it. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment