Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nails: Various Nail Polish Swatches!!

I have been really busy but now I am finally free! I must apologize for the lack of updates but here are some pictures of the nail polish I have tried out recently!

PS: I was so excited that I basically just threw whatever swatches I have into this entry without the least bit of organising. LOL. I promise to be more organised after this entry ya? *blush*

China Glaze Mom's Chiffon (Immaterial Gurl Collection)


I totally LOVE Mom's Chiffon! The colour is actually less bright in real life which is one major reason why I like it so much. It's really vibrant without looking neon. Like many of the other China Glaze polish application is great! The polish has great consistency and colour payoff. I can achieve an even & opaque finish with 1.5 coat. It is, however, a little too thick for my liking so as a result, I had to be extra careful when applying to prevent streaking.
Please pardon the smudges on my pinky ya? LOL. I was so excited about this polish that I didn't want to wait for the polish to dry before taking photos. IMPATIENCE = SMUDGES. LOL.

China Glaze Strawberry Fields (Summer Collection)


This Collection ROCKS!~ I have a couple of the other colours from this collection which I have swatched but didn't have the time to take photos. So I will actually post another entry later to show you ladies how beautiful this collection is!~ This entire collection featured the FAMOUS China Glaze glass fleck shimmer and I simply canno gush enough about it. These shimmers are just so freaking pretty! These glass fleck shimmers are rather fine and they are much more interesting looking than normal glitters. Just look at how the my pink nails reflect golden sparkle!~ Ain't it cool?

Candy Cane Nail Art using Sally Hansen French Manicure White Polish

I wanted to try out the Sally Hansen French Manicure Polish (with precise brush tip) which I purchased during the Watsons 20% sale so I added horizontal stripes to China Glaze Strawberry Fields to create a candy cane look even though Christmas is still eons away.

MAC Love & Friendship (A Rose Romance)


PRETTY!~ That's all I can say. And to the BF: "I LOVE YOU!!!" Dear dependable BF went down to MAC to buy this nail lacquer for me even though I said I think I will give this collection a miss. I really ought to thank god for blessing me with such a sweet BF! This colour looks great as in GREAT on my fingers! Honestly. Love & Friendship is a dirty lavender which is very muted and very wearable.
I must admit though, the consistency is a little too thick so application can be a little painful. But for the beautiful colour, I am willing to endure the painful process. LOL. It's afterall no PAIN no GAIN. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment